Student Environmental Award
The Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation (ABCF) is offering a $1,000 Student Environment Award for a graduating secondary school student or a student enrolled in university or college.
To apply for the 2018 Student Environmental Award, and for complete details, please download the flyer and the application form:
Eligible students must be between the ages of 17-25, have a permanent address within a municipality of the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (ABCA) watershed, be currently enrolled in university or college, or graduating secondary school and pursuing a post-secondary education in a conservation/environmental related course of study (e.g., biology, ecology, geography, forestry, fish and wildlife, agriculture, outdoor education).
Only students who have a permanent address in the following municipalities are eligible to apply for the ABCF Student Environmental Award:
- Adelaide Metcalfe
- Central Huron
- Huron East
- Lambton Shores
- Lucan Biddulph
- Perth South
- Middlesex Centre
- North Middlesex
- South Huron
- West Perth
- The applicant is to write a creative two-page essay on their personal involvement with an environmental or conservation-based project or organization.
Please include the following aspects in your essay:
- Meaningful experiences from the involvement
- Personal or professional growth
- Personal reasons for involvement with the project
- How this award will assist future career aspirations.
- The Selection Committee will take into consideration grammar and use of language when assessing the submissions.
- Include two (2) reference letters in support of past experiences and/or involvement with environmental or conservation-based project and/or organization.
- The completed Essay, Application Form, and Two Reference Letters must be e-mailed with ‘Student Environmental Award’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. local time, Friday, June 29, 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Alternatively the submission can be mailed, faxed or hand delivered to:
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation
71108 Morrison Line, RR 3 Exeter, ON N0M 1S5
Tel: 519-235-2610; Fax: 519-235-1963
NOTE: The Selection Committee is the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation (ABCF) Board of Directors. It is at their discretion to award the successful student up to $1,000 based upon the quality of applications and essays received. The ABCF reserves the right to not present the award in any given year.
The student with the winning submission will be contacted to arrange a time before August 31st to be presented with the cash award by the Chairman of the ABCF. The cheque presentation will be videotaped and shown at the annual Ausable Bayfield Conservation Awards in March.
Only successful applicants will be contacted by the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation.
NOTICE OF COLLECTION: Personal information on this form is collected under the legal authority of the Conservation Authorities Act for the purpose of assessing the winning candidate in student award competition. This information will be used to recognize and honour the winning candidate and publicize recognition of recipient. Questions regarding this collection can be made to the General Manager and Secretary-Treasurer, Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, 71108 Morrison Line, RR 3 Exeter, ON N0M 1S5.